Ensuring Year-Long Comfort Through Proper Roof Ventilation
A properly designed roof ensures comfort for you and your family all year long. Part of a good design is adequate roof ventilation. Aside from ensuring comfort, ventilation also prevents condensation and premature deterioration of various roofing components.
Affordable Roof Care is your leading source for the right kind of ventilation for your home. As a family-owned company, we value your home as if it were our own. This is why we provide professional roof care at affordable prices.
Types of Roof Ventilation
There are two different types of ventilation for roofing systems:
- Intake Vents – These are used to let outside air enter into your attic and ventilation spaces. We install them along the lowest eave or near soffits. Intake vents work best with exhaust vents near the roof assembly’s peak.
- Exhaust Vents – This type of vent let in air in various spaces like attic to exit to the exterior. We place them on the highest point of your roof. When balanced with intake vents placed on the lowest eave, the design allows balances air intake at both low and high points of your roof.
Benefits of Roof Ventilation
With proper installation and design, you can experience the following benefits as a homeowner:
- Moderate attic temperature – As the temperature in your attic spaces stays consistent, so does the temperature throughout your home. This leads to more comfortable indoors all year long.
- More energy savings – Since you’re going to have a consistent temperature all year long, you don’t have to push your air conditioning and heating system too much. This conserves energy and leads to more savings.
- Longer life spans for roofing components – Keep in mind that condensation leads to various issues to roofing materials. With proper ventilation, you’ll avoid major repairs on your roof.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
Affordable Roof Care can help you create better homes through roof ventilation, maintenance, repair, and re-roof. We can also help you with your gutter and power washing needs. If you want to learn more about our services, call us at (360) 271-4260. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule an inspection.